Learn to drive with either weekly driving lessons or an Intensive Driving Course.

Acclaim Logo

Call 0800 838 440 or book a lesson online

How to tax my car?

Whether you have just bought your first car or are renewing your road tax for the very first time, you will need to understand that your car must be taxed before you can drive it.

You can tax your vehicle on the GOV.UK website, providing that you have your V11, V5C (vehicle log book) or green ‘new keeper’ slip from the logbook if you have just bought your vehicle. You will also need a valid debit or credit card to pay for your road tax. 

When setting up your road tax, you will be asked several questions relating to your vehicle, such as your vehicle registration and the registration number found on your paperwork.

You can also tax your vehicle over the phone by calling the DVLA on 0300 123 4321.
To find out whether or not your vehicle is taxed, you can use the government’s vehicle enquiry service.