Part 1 Training
In the Part 1 course you pay for the training course and study aids for it. You can work at your own pace, with Fast Track Training available.
You will also get support from your Tutor via telephone, online or personally.
Your test for part 1 involves 100 multiple choice questions as well as a hazard perception test.
You have 1 hour and 30 minutes to answer 100 multiple-choice questions.
There are 25 questions in each of these 4 categories:
- Road procedure
- Traffic signs and signals, car control, pedestrians and mechanical knowledge
- Driving test, disabilities, and the law
- Publications and instructional techniques
You’ll watch 14 video clips. The clips:
- Feature everyday road scenes
- Contain at least one ‘developing hazard’ - but one of the clips features 2 developing hazards - You get points for spotting the developing hazards as soon as they start to happen.
You can score up to 5 points for each developing hazard.
To get a high score, click the mouse as soon as you see the hazard starting to develop.